Chemical Reactions: Summary
Key points from this module:
- Fractional conversion is the ratio of moles reacted to moles fed.
- Yield, selectivity, and equilibrium constants can each be used to eliminate one degree of freedom for material balance systems.
- The limiting reactant for a system serves as the basis for fractional conversion in many cases.
From studying this module, you should now be able to:
- Use yield or selectivity to remove one degree of freedom.
- Determine equilibrium constants.
- Use fractional conversion in material balances.
- Determine the limiting reactant for a system.
Prepared by Nathan Jarvey, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, University of Colorado Boulder