Visualization of Vapor-Liquid Equilibrium
This simulation visualizes the behavior of a binary mixture in vapor-liquid equilibrium.
- The image on the left depicts a binary mixture, with liquid at the bottom and vapor above the liquid.
- Each circle represents an individual atom or molecule.
- The bar chart on the right represents the mole fractions of each component.
- The number of particles, relative volatility, and liquid composition may be adjusted using the three sliders above the simulation.
- xblue represents the mole fraction of the blue component in the liquid phase, and αblue/green is the relative volatility of the blue component with respect to the green component.
This simulation was made at the University of Colorado Boulder, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering. Author: Neil Hendren